12 shot Wednesday in Chicago’s most violent day since stay-at-home order began
Twelve people were shot March 25, 2020, in Chicago. | Sun-Times file photo
Three people were wounded in a drive-by in Englewood on the South Side.
Chicago saw a significant increase in gun violence Wednesday with 12 people shot, the most violent day since the city issued a stay-at-home order over the weekend to combat the spread of COVID-19.
The day’s last reported shooting left a 24-year-old woman in critical condition in Little Village on the Southwest Side. She was in the back seat of a vehicle about 11:50 p.m. in the 3100 block of West 25th Street when someone in a white SUV fired shots, Chicago police said. She was struck in the head and rushed to Mt. Sinai Hospital.
Earlier in the evening, a 17-year-old boy was shot in Washington Park on the South Side. The boy was outside about 10:15 p.m. near the 5700 block of South Michigan Avenue when someone fired shots, striking him in the torso and leg, police said. The boy’s friends took him to Comer Children’s Hospital in serious condition.
Three people were wounded in a drive-by in Englewood on the South Side. They were standing in the 7400 block of South Stewart Avenue about 6:10 p.m. when a dark-colored SUV approached and someone inside fired shots, police said.
A man, 42, was shot in the ankle, calf and armpit while a 32-year-old man was shot in the side and foot, police said. They were both taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in serious condition. A woman, 43, was hit in the leg and was taken to the same hospital in fair condition.
In other shootings:
- About 6:35 p.m., a 35-year-old was shot in Humboldt Park. He on the sidewalk in the 1100 block of North Monticello Avenue when someone shot him in the arm, police said. He was taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital in fair condition.
- A 15-year-old boy was shot about 4:45 p.m. in Little Village on the Southwest Side. He was on the sidewalk near the 2800 block of South Komensky Avenue when someone opened fire and struck him in the leg, Chicago police said. The teen was taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition.
- About 3:40 p.m., a 25-year-old man was shot in Austin on the West Side. He was outside in the 1700 block of North Long Street when two males walked up and opened fire, police said. The man was struck in the arm and taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital in good condition.
- Shortly after 11 a.m., a 21-year-old man was shot in Humboldt Park on the West Side. He was walking in the 1100 block of North Christiana Avenue when a vehicle pulled up and someone inside shot at him, police said. He was hit in the right arm and taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition.
- A 24-year-old woman was shot in her hand about 10 a.m. in East Garfield Park. She was standing on a sidewalk with two others in the 500 block of North Trumbull Avenue when a vehicle pulled up and someone inside fired shots, police said. She was taken in good condition to Norwegian American Hospital.
- About 7:30 a.m., a 30-year-old man was shot in Burnside on the South Side.He was walking to a store in the 9100 block of South Dauphin Avenue when three people approached him and fired shots, police said. The man was struck in the legs and taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in good condition.
- The day’s first reported shooting left a man wounded in West Garfield Park on the West Side. The man, 29, was walking about 12:10 a.m. in the 4700 block of West Harrison Street when someone in a gray sedan shot him in the leg, Chicago police said. He was taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital in good condition.
On Tuesday, two people were shot in Chicago.
Read more on crime, and track the city’s homicides.
Source : Sun-Times Wire Link
12 shot Wednesday in Chicago Twelve people were shot March 25, 2020, in Chicago. | Sun-Times file photo Three people were wounded in a drive-by in Englewood on the South Side. Twelve people were wounded Wednesday in shootings across Chicago. … read more
PANAMA CITY — Twelve inmates were killed and about a dozen more were wounded in a gunfight Tuesday inside a prison in the capital, Panamanian authorities said. The shooting occurred in a cell block that holds inmates who belong to … read more
Twelve inmates killed in prison shootout near Panama City PANAMA CITY (Reuters) – At least 12 people were killed and another 13 were injured during a shootout among inmates at a jail near Panama City on Tuesday, officials said. Police … read more
Twelve inmates killed in prison shootout near Panama City By Elida Moreno PANAMA CITY (Reuters) – At least 12 people were killed and another 13 were injured during a shootout among inmates at a jail near Panama City on Tuesday, … read more
Twelve police departments said Wednesday they will not enforce the law; lawmakers call for a repeal Associated Press MONROE COUNTY, N.Y. — Law enforcement officials in an upstate New York county say they will not enforce a controversial new law … read more
Twelve Foot Ninja Planning New Album With details a bit scarce at the moment, Twelve Foot Ninja have confirmed that they will have a new album out in 2020. The band’s current album “Outlier” arrived in stores in 2016. Source … read more
The Number Twelve Looks Like You, Moon Tooth & Steaksauce Mustache Tour Announced The Number Twelve Looks Like You have unveiled a new leg of dates in support of their latest album, “Wild Gods“. This run will commence in late … read more
Is A Rap American Idol Even Possible? Twelve years ago, someone from MTV called me and asked me to come into their office. I went. I met Ashton Kutcher in the lobby. It was weird. This particular MTV person was … read more
Twelve Democrats took the debate stage on Tuesday night in the largest Democratic debate yet. CBSN’s Elaine Quijano moderates post-debate analysis and spin room interviews with Caitlin Huey-Burns, Ed O’Keefe and Lynda Tran in Westerville, Ohio; and Major Garrett, Antjuan … read more
Twelve candidates are set to take the stage in Ohio on Tuesday night. read more
Twelve candidates are preparing to take the stage tonight in Ohio for the fourth Democratic primary debate. CBSN political contributor and Democratic strategist Lynda Tran joined CBSN AM to talk about what to expect. Subscribe to the CBS News Channel … read more
Twelve Democratic candidates will face off on the same stage in Ohio tonight. It’s the first debate since House Democrats launched their impeachment inquiry into President Trump. CBSN political contributors Molly Hooper, Leslie Sanchez and Antjuan Seawright joined CBSN to … read more
Twelve of the 2020 presidential candidates will take the stage in Ohio for the fourth Democratic primary debate. » Subscribe to NBC News: http://nbcnews.to/SubscribeToNBC » Watch more NBC video: http://bit.ly/MoreNBCNews NBC News Digital is a collection of innovative and powerful … read more
MAN V-12 2000: Twelve cylinders of maximum power for luxury yachts © Truck Trend Network Staff MAN-V-12-2000-02 Attempting to cross the high seas in a large luxury yacht requires a significant amount of power. The elaborately decadent vessels displace a … read more
Twelve presidential candidates from both parties are in Washington for a two-day forum focused on climate change. Mattias Lehman, digital director for the Sunrise Movement, spoke to CBSN’s “Red and Blue” about the state of climate policy in the 2020 … read more
The Number Twelve Looks Like You Debut “Of Fear”, Rolo Tomassi’s Eva Spence Guests A lyric video for The Number Twelve Looks Like You‘s track “Of Fear” is now available for viewing. The song boasts a cameo from Rolo Tomassi … read more
The Number Twelve Looks Like You Streaming Three New Tracks The Number Twelve Looks Like You have been unveiling lyric videos for various tracks from their new album “Wild Gods” leading up to its release this coming Friday, September 20th. … read more
The Number Twelve Looks Like You Share “Gallery Of Thrills” A lyric video for The Number Twelve Looks Like You‘s “Gallery Of Thrills” has landed online. The band will return with their first new album in a decade next week … read more
Ezra Furman – Twelve Nudes The world appears to be going to Hell, and sometimes you reach a point when all you can do is scream. And it certainly seems like Ezra Furman has reached that point. Last year’s Transangelic … read more
An Irish bar in Florida poured all of its Proper No. Twelve whiskey down the toilet after Conor McGregor punched an old man in the face at a Dublin pub. Video posted by Sean Rice, the owner of the Salty … read more
Ezra Furman announces new album ‘Twelve Nudes’ and shares new song The new album follows 2018’s ‘Transangelic Exodus’ Ezra Furman’s new album arrives later this year. Ezra Furman has announced new album ‘Twelve Nudes’, and has also shared new song … read more
The Number Twelve Looks Like You Share New Studio Video From Sessions For Next Album The Number Twelve Looks Like You have shared another video from the studio sessions for their upcoming new album. That effort will be the band’s … read more