Nikola reveals Badger electric pickup truck with 600-mile range
Nikola claims this is the world’s most advanced electric truck.
Nikola has just revealed its Badger electric pickup truck concept. With an estimated total range of 600 miles (a blended figure that includes the use of hydrogen) or 300 miles on battery alone, the Badger seems impressive. It zips from 0 to 60 MPH in 2.9 seconds.
The Badger, though just a concept for now, aims to compete with the likes of the Tesla Cybertruck, Rivian R1T, Hummer electric pickup truck, Ford F-150 electric truck and more in the ever-growing segment of electric trucks.
Nikola is mostly known for its zero-emission semi trucks, including the stylish Tre, but now the automaker is venturing into the field of pickup trucks with the Badger. Key specs include:
- 600 miles on blended FCEV / BEV
- 300 miles on BEV alone
- Operates on blended FCEV / BEV or BEV only by touch of a button
- 906 HP peak
- 455 HP continuous
- 980 ft. lbs. of torque
- 160 kWh, flooded module – lithium-ion battery
- 120 kW fuel cell
- Advanced Supercapacitor Launch Assist that blends with lithium ion and fuel-cell
- -20F operating environments without major performance or SOC losses
- Towing capacity of over 8,000 pounds
- Operating targets without motor stalls up to 50% grade
- 15 kW power export outlet
- Compatible with industry-standard charging for BEV mode
- Five seats
- Truck dimensions: 5900 mm long x 1850 mm tall x 2160 mm wide a 1560 mm bed width
*Specs may vary according to FCEV or BEV-only mode, temperature, elevation, tires, wheels, software packages, production requirements, hardware and/or regulations.
We’re not big fans of the use of hydrogen, as the fuel cell system adds complexity and cost, but in this case even without the hydrogren, the truck has a decent range of 300 miles.
- The Badger will make its first appearance at Nikola World 2020; expected in September
- Nikola is currently planning 700 hydrogen stations to give North America hydrogen coverage
Source : Link