Mauro Ranallo scheduled for return to NXT commentary

Mauro Ranallo is expected to be back behind the NXT commentary desk Wednesday.

The announcer, who missed Survivor Series on Nov. 24 and last week’s episode of NXT on USA Network, is scheduled to call matches again after informing WWE officials he’ll be returning, Pro Wrestling Sheet first reported and sources confirmed to The Post.

Ranallo, who was booked, did not call matches at Survivor Series after he was reportedly upset over SmackDown announcer Corey Graves taking to Twitter and criticizing his announcing at NXT TakeOver Games the night prior.

Michael Cole said on the Survivor Series broadcast the Ranallo was not there because he blew out his voice as a way to explain his absence.

Ranallo, who has been very open about his battle with bipolar disorder, deleted his own Twitter account prior to Survivor Series.

Graves has since apologized to Ranallo on this WWE podcast “After the Bell.” Pro Wrestling Sheet reported that Graves meant the tweets to be part of brand warfare aspect of Survivor Series and planned to bring them up when he and Ranallo called a match at the event. This year’s Survivor Series was built around the concept of SmackDown vs. Raw vs. NXT.

Graves noted on the podcast that his intention was never to “intentionally cause anybody undue stress, especially a co-worker.”

“This past Saturday, during the ‘Takeover: WarGames’ event, I sent out a tweet,” Graves said. “It was an unpopular opinion, as I often do with the intention of just stirring up a little controversy, maybe have something fun to talk about on TV or here on the show. It was maybe not the most professional way to go about things, and it was never meant to offend or disrespect or disparage anybody. That was never my intention. If it was taken as such, I apologize deeply.”

Follow 3-www.NET
Follow
e-News.US
  
Share
e-News.Us

Category Latest Posts