A man who threatened to shoot police in New York City has been arrested, sources told The Post on Friday.
Federal Homeland Security agents arrested suspect Armando Clemente-Ramos on Thursday evening, sources said.
Clemente-Ramos, who is an undocumented immigrant, is currently being held by the feds on immigration charges, a law-enforcement source said. He is expected to face additional charges connected to criminal investigation into the threat against the NYPD, the source said.
News of the arrest comes a day after the city warned its cops of a “credible threat” of attack on police citywide and particularly in the Bronx’s 41st Precinct — where Robert Williams allegedly committed a pair of assassination attempts on officers.
“Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) was made aware of a threat to the law enforcement community here in New York City,” an HSI representative said in a statement. “As a result, HSI special agents investigated the threat and subsequently made an arrest.
Police sources told the Post Thursday they were investigating whether the threat was connected to the pair of weekend cop shooting.
Robert Williams is accused of injuring the two officers in separate shootings less than 12 hours apart in 41st Precinct. But investigators have cast some doubt over the week on whether he was the shooter in both attacks, a high-ranking police source said.
In the message sent throughout the department and shared to Twitter by the Sergeants Benevolent Association, officers were urged to “be vigilant and alert.”
The alert was sent out in an “abundance of caution” in case a second shooter was still hunting cops, sources said.
The NYPD and HSI would not confirm whether Clemente-Ramos was the person making the threats mentioned in the message sent to officers earlier this week.