OAKLAND — Law enforcement is closing in on a criminal ring for stealing cell phones that were being shipped to retailers. Eight suspects have been arrested and charged thus far. Four individuals with outstanding arrest warrants are still being sought, and 11 other suspects have been identified.
More than 30 law enforcement agencies are involved in this ongoing investigation. It recently resulted in a coordinated search and arrest operation conducted in Oakland, San Leandro, Santa Maria and Pittsburg.
A total of seven persons were arrested on August 29:
• Ahlayah Thompson, 24, of Ripon
• Corneilus Ronnell Brown, 25, of Alameda
• Cedric Thomas, 28, of Pittsburg
• Yamonte Tyrell Cross, 24, of Oakland
• Ciera Craig, 26, of Oakland
• Alisa Bobino, 25, of Oakland
• Diamond Jones, 24, of San Leandro
Each is charged with committing multiple robberies and grand thefts. They allegedly robbed Federal Express and United Parcel Service drivers who were making deliveries to retailers.
In addition, authorities recovered six firearms, including an assault rifle, and two ammunition magazines. Stolen cell phones and other evidence were also recovered.
An eight suspect, Isaiah Langley, 23, was arrested in Lake Forest, IL. Langley also faces felony charges, pending his extradition back to Alameda County. Langley, a football standout at Pleasanton High School and USC, was signed and released by the Oakland Raiders, then signed and released by the Indianapolis Colts this summer.
Four other suspects with outstanding arrest warrants are still being sought by the law:
• Fard Collins, 24, of Oakland
• D’Anthony Larks, 24, of Oakland
• Marquis Lewis, 23, of Oakland
• Julius Smith, 23, of Discovery Bay.
Arrests Made Targeting Criminal Ring for Stealing Cell Phone Shipments was last modified: September 12th, 2019 by